Friday, July 11, 2008

My sunsets

Lacing up my worn nike shoes.
Placing the headphones precisely next to my eardrums,
modest mouse bleeds into my sound receptors.
secure the blue headband.
breathe....
i begin my steady pace
breathe in, out, in, out
faster now
i quicken my pace with the upbeat drums and spicy guitar chords
my father always next to me keeping my pace, whatever it may be.
just like a parental. always trying to keep up with their kin.
they can only do so much...i love them for it.

the cottonwoods shed their lyflings.
the soft fluffs flow past me in a current and rhythm all their own.
one brushes against my face tickling me.
the air smells of rich herbs and plant vegitation.
refreshing compared to the burned tire smells and grease of the ever present city
we follow whatever direction we choose on the concrete path that snakes its way around the park.
occasional bikers and other exercise fanatics are the only people come into contact with.
we swiftly pass.
In out in out breathe in out in out
one two one two
feet press onward
never failing
i dedicate this run to my creator
the only thing that keeps me going
he granted me my legs
i can never thank him enough

this is the only thing i live for in the day
this moment.
the scene blurs
the sounds collide.
children laughing
parents talking
breathing
" ...went to the porch to have a thought got to the door and again i couldnt stop.."
float on baby.
float on
pain springs into my lungs, piercing.
i never let this stop me.
it only spurs me onto finishing my mission.
push
"...my friends, my habits, my family they mean so much to me.."
mouse keeps me in beat
"..and the people you loved but you didnt quite know, they're the places that you wanted to go.."
this is me.

the run is almost over.
my heart thanks me.
but im not done working it.
i sprint the last 30 seconds.
my legs and arms pump to keep up with me.
breath is hard and heavy.
"time!" my dad yells behind me.
i slow my gate.
this is my passion.
the sunset bows for me as it slowly sinks behind the tree line.
i whisper Him a thank you
just one more day is a gracious thing.

<3

1 comment:

Morning Angel said...

Honest girl,
honest feelings,
honest words.
I love it.