Saturday, July 12, 2008

Book Babble

"melodic satire laced with the basic human heart ache."

this is the phrase i would use to define The Spill Canvas.
or a similar band, Secondhand Serenade.

Both have their own specific style and form of delivering such tear jerking songs
but they both come back to the same roots of small boy with a heart too big.
A tragedy really.
but life always is.
carpe diem
or whatever you have left of it.

Now i just feel that i have the right to note here that i am quite the fan of an epic man.
that man's name is C. S. Lewis. I first fell in love with his work when i happen to stumble upon the Narnian Chronicles. Being a lover of books, i took to it like a fish out of water.
My Dad, always persistent in fufilling his life long dream of writing thru me, encouraged me to read some of his other literary accomplishments.

I finished Mere Christianity not too long ago, once i got use to his lingo and difficult sentences, i began to clearly understand and gained more knowledge of my own faith!
Now im going to work on reading his other material. =]
its sooo exciting!

"My argument against God was that the universe seemed so cruel and unjust. But how had I got this idea of just and unjust? A man does not call a line crooked unless he has some idea of a straight line. What was I comparing this universe with when I called it unjust?"

such as that.
so simple yet so profound.

But before i can get my hands on any more of this books, i have to finish a gazillion other. Such as don quixote de la Mancha!!
quite the literary tongue in that one. i can get soo into it though. very fanciful.

I also happen to be looking over my auntie's book. and i know she's reading this.
we need to just talk about your book. cuz i dont know how to express what i want to say on paper.
this, my dear friends, is why i shall never be an accomplished writer like my father dreams and hopes i shall be.

Well i dont know if i have bedazzled my audience with any sort of piercing light of intellectual genius, but i suppose that is not what i should aim for.

I am merely here to entertain my own thoughts and to witness what a wild mind can produce on digital pixal paper.

I shall retire for now.
enjoy auntie =]

1 comment:

Morning Angel said...

"we need to just talk about your book. cuz i dont know how to express what i want to say on paper.
this, my dear friends, is why i shall never be an accomplished writer like my father dreams and hopes i shall be."

You say that now, but it's because you haven't practiced and practiced and practiced. When you give yourself to it like an athlete gives to running or soccer or swimming and live through the sore muscles and disappointments and the occasional and eventual accomplishments, and then if you still can't, THEN you can say you can't do it, but until then...QUITTER.